No, it’s not a black box from a Blackbird or some alien piece of technology from some sci-fi movie. It’s actually the Turtle Shell 2.0® Bluetooth Speaker from Outdoor Tech! This wireless portable speaker is about the size and shape as an actual box turtle, measuring about 5.5 x 4 x 2 inches and weighing about 12 ounces. It’s unique design allows you to simply set it down on it’s 4 small feet, use the standard camera threading built in, or hang using a special turtle claw mount! You can basically use this any way you want! So let’s see what you get included per Outdoor Tech:
- Two speakers and passive bass radiator provide 96 decibels of clear sound, wirelessly (20% louder than the original Turtle Shell®.)
- Connect to any Bluetooth-enabled device with easy one-touch pairing.
- Reconnects automatically to previously paired device.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with 16 hours of play time, and over 700 hours of standby time.
- IPX-65 dust-proof and water resistant.
- Built-in microphone, (Conference Calls!!!!)
- External controls allow you to adjust volume, change tracks, play/pause, and answer calls.
- Standard camera thread and extra strong metal leash clip for multiple mounting options.
- Voice Prompts let you know what is going on.
- Bluetooth Profiles: aptX audio codec for high quality stereo audio, A2DP & AVCRP to control track and volume remotely.
- Bluetooth 4.0 with enhancements like battery level “fuel gauge” displayed on source device, quick pairing/connections, and low power consumption.
- Micro USB charge port.
- 3.5mm audio-in port.
- WIRELESS RANGE: 32 feet.
- ITEM SIZE: 5.6 x 3.9 x 2.1 inches.
- ITEM WEIGHT: 0.65 Pounds.
- INCLUDES: USB charging cable, 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, signature ODT carry pouch, User Manual, and some stickers!!!!
Wait, just in case you missed it, you get stickers! Now you may think that I’m being sarcastic, but really I’m not. I get all excited when I get a new toy and I get some awesome stickers! This is how I usually get:
Now that my sticker fit is over, lets talk about the sound quality. For the size of the device you get good midrange fidelity that is crisp and comes across great with vocals and music that has a pop sound. Bass port notwithstanding, the bass won’t rattle the roof but still provides a great experience and gives you exactly what you expect for a portable speaker this size. Overall i find this portable speakers to be one of my favorite portable speakers in this size range.
I absolutely love the design and functional elements of the shell and would certainly recommend this to anyone who wants a speaker with some edge! The Turtle Shell 2.0® is available in multiple colors from white, black, green, electric blue, seafoam, red, purple, and orange! Price is $129.95 with Free Shipping from Outdoor Tech! For more information on this great speaker check out this fun graphic on Outdoor Tech’s page!
Disclosure: I received the Turtle Shell 2.0® to review at no cost. There was no additional compensation for this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.